Templates for effective management of supplementary schools
An organisation needs to have a document which states what its aims are and how the organisation will be run. This document will be called your governing document. This may be:
- Unincorporated Organisation – Governing document: Constitution
- Company Limited by Guarantee – Governing document: Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Trust – Governing document: Trust Deed
Upon this foundation, there are 17 areas of policy and procedure that we recommend as essential to the management of an effective, safe and sustainable school.
We provide templates and examples to help you develop or improve the management of your supplementary school and these can be found on the pages listed below.
These templates may not be perfect for your school, but they are the building blocks on which you can build. Some documents are in Word format so that you can adapt them to your needs.
You will need to be logged in to download the files on these pages. To obtain a username and password, please register with The National Resource for Supplementary Education by completing our online application form.
- Statement of aims
- List of Management Committee showing CRB checks where necessary
- Child protection policy
- Equal opportunities statement
- List of staff and volunteers showing CRB checks
- Job descriptions and role descriptions for staff and volunteers
- Staffing and volunteer policy
- Financial rules
- Petty cash rules
- Health and safety policy
- Risk assessments
- Offsite procedures
- Registration form for children
- Registers of attendance
If you have a sample form for these pages which you feel would be useful to other schools, please do email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To read more about the Quality Framework for Supplementary Schools, please visit the Quality Framework pages.
We also run a range of one-day training courses open to all.
For information about joining the NRC, or help with logging in, please visit the membership pages.