ContinYou Lewisham Independent Parent Partnership Service
This helps to enable parents to feel informed and confident to work in genuine partnership with schools and the Local Authority in order to achieve the best outcomes for their children.
The purpose of Parent Partnership Service is to encourage partnership between parents, local authorities, schools, early years settings and voluntary bodies in the work of identifying, assessing and making provision for children with special educational needs. The best results are always delivered when all parties work together in genuine and equal partnership focussing on the needs of child.
We work closely with many voluntary organisations, such as Kaleidoscope and with other local partners, with the aim of providing a service for parents which enables them to play a more active and informed role in their child’s education and to give parents a voice so their views are taken into consideration in the planning and delivery of services.
We give information on the SEN process and help parents access relevant services and support from statutory and voluntary agencies and support groups. We also produce a free termly newsletter giving information on workshops, support groups, events and resources available in the local area.
- a confidential and impartial service
- information on all aspects of SEN including local procedures
- help with understanding documents, letters and reports
- support with completing forms or writing letters
- help to resolve disagreements with parents/carers and schools or the local authority
- support in preparing for meetings and support at the meetings too
- a free newsletter
- a dedicated website where you can download information sheets, policies and newsletters and link to other useful websites
- signposting to other local and national sources of support
- friendly knowledgeable staff who will listen to your concerns in confidence.
Translate this page into your own language.