A Gold Award shows that the supplementary school has well-established systems in place to ensure consistent good quality. There will be written plans, handbooks, and procedures so that when someone leaves, and a new person joins, the school routines will carry on. The management committee will meet regularly to plan and monitor the work of the school, and the minutes of their meetings will form much of the evidence. The school will have provided evidence that children’s needs, progress and performance are assessed and monitored.
You can download a registration form from the bottom of this page.
We have templates/examples for you to consider when developing your evidence file. If you have a great piece of evidence which you would like to share please contact email@example.com and do what Sharikatul Hussain Saturday Workshop have done – download their Teachers Handbook (PDF file).
To gain the Gold award you need have completed the Bronze award and submit a Gold quality portfolio to provide evidence against nine of the ten quality framework standards. Follow the links on the left for more information about what level of evidence is required at the Gold standard.
- Routines and procedures encourage good relationships and high expectations of standards of behaviour
- There is a clear programme of study and sessions are carefully planned
- Teachers assess and record children’s needs, progress and performance
- Teachers and learners have a choice of diverse resources, which support the different learning styles
- It works in partnership with one or two other organisations
- The supplementary school has an annual cycle of ongoing monitoring, evaluation and planning involving everyone
- There is induction, support and training for staff and volunteers
- There is induction, support and training in safety and safeguarding for staff and volunteers
- The management committee agrees an annual budget and monitors the use of funding regularly throughout the year