Berries for Breakfast
We’re delighted to invite breakfast clubs in the UK to take part in the Berries for Breakfast campaign, bought to you by Seasonal Berries.
Taking part is easy. All you need to do is register, host a Berry Breakfast and submit your entry to be in with a chance to win some great prizes.
How to take part in five easy steps:
- Decide the date for your Berry Breakfast.
- Register your participation to receive your ASDA voucher, posters and stickers for the children.
- Download the fact sheet (PDF) and recipe sheet (PDF) for ideas to get you started.
- Host your Berry Breakfast.
- Submit your entry on the application form (PDF) by Wednesday, 6 June 2012 by posting it to Berries for Breakfast Competition, 10 Rathbone Place, London W1T 1HP. Or email your entry and application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What does your Berries for Breakfast entry need to show us?
Your Berries for Breakfast entry needs to show us how the children got involved and how berries were used at breakfast.
Your entry to the competition can be a scrapbook, recipe book, poem, DVD, podcast or website. It doesn’t matter what form, as long as it clearly shows us how berries were used on the day. Don’t forget to include your application form (PDF).
Your entry will be judged on:
- the effectiveness of your Berries for Breakfast day
- showing an understanding of why berries and breakfast are good for you
- demonstrating how berries were used on the day
- its creativity.
- £350 supermarket vouchers
- two smoothie makers
- presentation at school assembly
- framed certificate.
- £200 supermarket voucher for your breakfast club
- a smoothie maker.
We will award regional winners in the North East, North West, Midlands, Greater London, South East, East, South West, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales. Each winner will receive:
- £100 supermarket voucher for breakfast club
- framed certificate.
For more information about berries as well as ideas and inspiration, visit www.seasonalberries.co.uk, follow us on twitter @britishberries or ‘like’ us at our facebook page Seasonal Berries.
About Berries for Breakfast
Berries for Breakfast aims to teach children more about berries as part of a healthy breakfast. It is run by Seasonal Berries, a campaign that promotes the seasonality and benefits of berries year round, and ContinYou, one of the leading UK education charities and supported by ASDA.
Seasonal Berries is funded by British Summer Fruits, an organisation that represents 90% of berry growers in the UK.
Winners of previous campaigns
Winner: Drumhillery Primary School
The children researched different types of berries and recipes in preparation for the day. They made muffins and waffles with berries, and created a berry newsletter with recipes, fun facts and activities. The children and staff created a DVD and scrapbook to show what they did on the day. Breakfast club leader, Mrs Ewart, said: ‘We had half the school turn up to our Berries for Breakfast day, and the children really got into the challenge.’
Runner up (Joint Award):
- Carr’s Glen Primary School, Northern Ireland
- Holywell High School
- Heathfield Primary School
- Biddick Primary and Nursery
- Belmont Primary School
- Avenue School and Children’s Centre
- Acland Burghley School
Winner: Starbank Primary School, Birmingham
Runner-up: Dickson Primary School, County Armargh
For further information please contact email@example.com or phone 0207 439 2780.