About Breakfast Club Plus
Breakfast Club Plus is a programme run by ContinYou and funded by Kellogg’s, designed to support the development of breakfast clubs across the UK. It was established in response to a successful pilot project in 1998.
Since 1998 Breakfast Club Plus has:
- run a number of national Breakfast Club Award schemes (over £200K has been granted to clubs to date)
- conducted research into breakfast club provision
- developed a training programme for local authorities, Local Strategic Partnerships and schools
- produced clear and accessible guides and resources for breakfast club staff
- set up the only UK website dedicated to supporting breakfast club development
- run a number of pilot initiatives to test new ideas, such as singing breakfast clubs and breakfast reading clubs.
Since 1998, Kellogg’s has invested more than £1 million in helping ContinYou to develop and support breakfast club initiatives nationwide through the Breakfast Club Plus programme.
These initiatives have included:
- start-up grants for new clubs
- the Breakfast Club Plus website
- the Kellogg’s National Breakfast Club Awards
- the Breakfast Movers Essential Guide.
Together, Kellogg’s and ContinYou have helped to set up hundreds of breakfast clubs across the UK, that serve well over 500,000 breakfasts every year.
To find out more about Breakfast Club Plus email us.